Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Who's the Monkey?

Hey, it's time for another look into the cracked window that is my life.

I saw The Lion King off Broadway last Friday. Despite being almost as far away from the stage as humanly possible, I absolutely loved the show. Impressively ornate costumes hung on the actor's bodies and effectively conveyed which characters they were. I can only imagine the amount of time that the actors put into walking on stilts to similate a giraffe. Those things have to hurt. Equally astounding lighting and visual tricks enhanced each and every scene. Watching Mufasa's image slowly develop in the sky as he spoke to Simba from beyond the grave was especially memorable. And the singing! "They Live in You" and "Shadowlands" immediately found their way on to my iPod after I got home. I'd freaking marry the girl who played Rafiki, who's female in the musical. Her powerful voice just commands your attention whether you'd give it or not. Hearing the soundtrack does not do her justice. You have to experience it live.
read also : Pill me up.

Otherwise, classes continue to tighten their grip on my life while video games try to pull me away. Okami has proven itself surprisingly long and addictive. Every time I think I'm near the end of the journey a new part of the world opens up. And that sprite that rides on top of the wolf is hilarious. Now it's two weeks to Final Fantasy XII and another two until the Nintendo Wii and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Well, that's it for now. Now I have to get back to page three of this five-page paper. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment